Back in high school me and my then boyfriend – now fiancé – used to go to subway after school all the time. He’d always get a sub and I would get three chocolate chip cookies. Of course the double chocolate and macadamia cookies are great. But honestly… nothing beats the classic american chocolate chip cookies!
After a lot of trial and error, I finally perfected the recipe for the perfect soft, chocolaty, tasty chocolate chip cookies.
I hope you enjoy it!
- 230g soft butter
- 200g sugar
- 200g brown sugar
- 2tsps vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 360g flour
- 1½ tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 350g chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl mix soft butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the larger bowl and mix until everything is well blended.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix again.
- Form the batter into little balls the size of a tablespoon and lay them out on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- The cookies are done, when the sides turn light brown and the middle still looks nice and soft.